"Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information as a guide to belief and action."
Critical thinking is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making and enables us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes.
Critical Thinking short course strengthens your ability to objectively analyze and assess problems accurately, evaluate alternative solutions, and anticipate likely risks. Learn a range of proven tools and techniques readily transferable on the job to identify challenges and respond to them in a structured and considered manner. Gain practical guidance on implementing these skills in your workplace to pressure test ideas quickly and constructively.
You will learn to
- Understand the fundamentals of critical thinking and why it matters • Identify, analyze, and evaluate different perspectives about a problem and solutions
- Recognize unstated assumptions, cognitive biases and heuristics as well as tactics to overcome them
- Better define the causes of problems before they occur and learn to leverage creativity in assisting with problem-solving
- Apply systematic reflective practice to examine and update your assumptions continually.
- Apply a range of methods for bringing critical thinking to your problem-solving activities
No prior knowledge is assumed.
Duration: 1 Day
Delivery Mode: On-campus and remote. You choose how you would like to attend.