Program Code: 1885
Engaging in a game can be mentally demanding. It is difficult to estimate the long-term impact of mental load of the gaming experience. This project will develop artificial intelligence models to extract cues of cognitive load and use these cues to adjust and adapt a game to maintain and sustain a healthy gaming experience. Cognitive load is defined here as the rate of depletion of mental resources as a player engages and plays a game.
Expected Background Knowledge:
- Good programming skills
- Good knowledge of signal and speech processing
- Ability to learn or good understanding of cognitive psychology
Description of work:
- A literature review of models for cognitive load
- A literature review of cognitive load in games
- Creating an artificial intelligence model to measure indicators for mental resources
- Creating an artificial intelligence model to integrate the information on mental resources with a gaming environment
- Testing the system.
Prof Hussein Abbass email@example.com